On 23/01/2012, at 8:26 AM, Casey Ransberger wrote:

> Below.
>
> On Jan 21, 2012, at 6:26 PM, BGB <cr88...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> like, for example, if a musician wanted to pursue various musical forms.
>> say, for example: a dubstep backbeat combined with rap-style lyrics sung
>> using a death-metal voice or similar, without "the man" (producers, ...)
>> demanding all the time that they get a new album together (or that their
>> fans and "the man" expect them to stay with their existing sound and theme),
>> and if they just gave them something which was like "and so wub-wub-wub,
>> goes the sub-sub-sub, as the lights go blim-blim-blim, as shorty goes
>> rub-run-run, on my hub-hub-hub, as my rims go spin-spin-spin" or
>> something... (all sung in deep growls and roars), at which point maybe the
>> producers would be very unhappy (say, if he was hired on to be part of a
>> tween-pop boy-band, and adolescent females may respond poorly to bass-filled
>> "wubbing growl-rap", or something...).
>>

>> or such...
>
> This is probably the raddest metaphor that I have ever seen on a mailing list.
>
> BGB FTW!
>
> P.S.
>
> If you want to get this song out the door, I'm totally in. Dubsteprapmetal
> might be the next big thing. I can do everything except the drums. We should
> write an elegant language for expressing musical score in OMeta and use a
> simulated orchestra!

Oh come on, Dub Step Rap Metal has been done before... Korn is basically what
that is...  Just because you're not CALLING it dubstep doesn't mean it doesn't
have the dubstep feel.

Interesting, also, that you chose dubstep here, because that's a genre that's
been basically "raped" in a similar way to what has been done to the ideas in
object-orientism in order to get it into the mainstream :) People think dubstep
is just a wobble bass... but it's actually more about the feel of the dub
break... <shrug>

Julian