On Jun 15, 2012 2:39 PM, "Pascal J. Bourguignon" <p...@informatimago.com>
wrote:

> John Zabroski <johnzabro...@gmail.com> writes:
>

> > Sorry, you did not answer my question, but instead presented excuses
> > for why programmers misunderstand people.  (Can I paraphrase your
> > thoughts as, "Because people are not programmers!")
>
> No, you misunderstood my answer:
> "Because people don't pay programmers enough."

In the words of comedian Spike Milligan, "All I ask is for the chance to
prove money can't make me happy."

But my motto comes from pianist Glenn Gould: the ideal ratio of performers
to audience is one. I have never seen a software team produce better
results with better pay, but most of the great advances in software came
from somebody doing something differently because any other way was simply
wrong.

Having seen millionaires throw their money around to build their dream app
(the Chandler project featured in Scott Rosenberg's book Dreaming in Code
and all of Sandy Klausner's vaporware graphical programming ideas), and
seeing what road blocks still remained, I disbelieve your answer.

Who invented the spreadsheet? One person.
Who invented pivot tables? One person.
Who invented modeless text editing? One person.

How much money is enough, anyway?  In the words of John D. Rockefellar, "A
little bit more"?