On Fri, Sep 6, 2013 at 1:19 AM, Chris Warburton
<chriswa...@googlemail.com>wrote:

> David Barbour <dmbarb...@gmail.com> writes:
>
> > But favoring a simpler programming model - e.g. one with only
> > integers, and where the only operation is to add or compare them
> > -might also help.
>
> If the problem domain is X then I agree a minimal X-specific DSL is a
> good idea, although purely numeric problems are often amenable to more
> direct solutions; eg. dynamic programming, gradient-based methods, etc.

A rather nice property: given any general purpose concatenative language,
we can create a DSL for genetic programming by developing a set of
high-level words... then using those as the primitives for the GP.

The main issue, I think, is a more flexible environment model. The "stack"
doesn't offer very flexible interactions. A document (zipper) or graph
could be modeled as an object on the stack, though.

Best,

Dave