Keith

> Yes, we'll need the ability to reencode fonts from non Latin-1/Unicod
> encodings.  XFree86 ships with a large number of mappings, and it would b
> useful to either have the encoding name exposed so we can go get th
> mapping

> Keith Packard        XFree86 Core Team        Compaq Cambridge Research La

Obviously, this discussion was in terms of .pcf files, but isn't there an
analagous problem with .pfa files? They don't seem to even contain
registry/encoding information. That seems to only be available in the .afm
file

This brings me to my real question: what format should fonts contributed to
XFree86 take: pcf pfa? Or something else

Thanks, Shahee