Kaixo!

On Thu, Jul 18, 2002 at 10:12:05AM -0700, Keith Packard wrote:

> Around 13 o'clock on Jul 18, Pablo Saratxaga wrote:
>
> > In other terms, the localized names are used to display in the lists shown
> > to the user, when when one of those is choosen, what is returned is not the
> > localized name but the ascii-only one. And inversly, when an ascii-only
> > name is gotten, it should be possible to retrieve its associated localized
> > name if needed.
>
> Why do you believe the internal interface should only use ASCII names?

Not necessarly ASCII names, but unique and locale independent ones.
So if a document which embedds fotn names is open under a different locale
nothing strange happens.

> Note that *all* of these names are locale independent; applications can
> use any of the names to access the font, the only question is what name
> should be returned when the application requests it, the mapping from the
> set of names to a name appropriate for the user is the only locale
> -dependent step.

Ok then, so it's ok.

--
Ki ça vos våye bén,
Pablo Saratxaga

http://chanae.stben.be/pablo/           PGP Key available, key ID: 0xD9B85466
[you can write me in Walloon, Spanish, French, English, Italian or Portuguese]