Thanks Arved and Trevor for your help and thanks Arved for the privilege of
allowing me to be the 'first known 3rd party tester'.

Are you expecting me to test FOP 0.19 or the latest CVS version? If it's the
former then it doesn't do what I tested it for, which is page numbering
continuing on from previous page-sequence while specifying
initial-page-count="auto" for all page-sequences. I tested is by modifying
Trevor's example (see attached).

To make matters worse I think my full requirement is for something that
isn't supported yet by the XSL:FO standard although I'm not sure (I really
am just a newbie at this).

For my application I'm attempting to convert XML using XSLT to PDF, and in
this case the size of the data in the flow of every page-sequence is
undefined. Continuing the page count from page-sequence to page-sequence
appears to be okay as far as the XSL:FO spec, but I want to change the
header during a page sequence. Let me see if I can make it clearer:

 Page 1     Page 2     Page 3     Page n
| Hdr 1 |  | Hdr 2 |  | Hdr 2 |  | Hdr 2 |
| Flow1 |  | Flow1 |  | Flow2 |  | Flow3 |

Remember all the flows are undefined so Flow 1 could be 1..n pages etc..

Cheers

Tim