Randall,

The particular fonts that are added in FontSetup are all the fonts that are
always available to Acrobat Reader. These are fonts that come with acrobat.
Other fonts may be avilable to acrobat on your machine (because you havew a
particular font installed) but that does not ensure that someone else will
be able to view the document with that font.

So in particular for the PDFGraphics2D you have two options:
- use shapes to draw text (makes the file much larger and looks bad in the
viewer but prints ok)
- embedd the font using FOP embedding font technique, currently this is not
implemented for svg text