Keiron,

If one took the SVG document and parsed it into a DOM tree could one then look at that
tree
to find out which fonts it used, add an XSL FO set of tags around it that called out
which fonts
to embed and then convert that into a PDF?

BTW, I've posted in a couple of forums elsewhere asking for info about which fonts are
available
in each version of Acrobat and Acrobat Reader. I'll let you know if I learn anything.