Hi Yuri

> Indeed, keep-with-next does work when set for each row.  But you scared me
> with
> the endless loop comment, so for now I would keep my stylesheets the way I
> had them.

sorry for scaring you, not intentionally ;-)

> Somewhat related question: I am using space-before for those short tables
> leave
> some white space between them, but if the page break happens right after a
> table,
> the following table on the next page will be shifted down, e.g.
>
>             ______________________ page 1 starts
> table 1
>            <--- required gap
> table 2
>            <--- required gap
> table 3  ______________________ page 2 starts
>            <--- unnecessary gap
> table 4
>
> Is there any way to avoid this gap?

As I read the xsl specification, space-before.conditionality should control
this.
If you use space-before.conditionality = "discard", the space at the
beginning of
an areas (like the page) will be discarded.

But as "discard" is the default value for conditionality, I suppose it's not
implemented yet. (Anybody out there who knows better?)

- Corinna