From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, October 11, 2001 3:10 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Table Layout with Page Breaks

Make sure your table is in the xsl-region-body and not in the
xsl-region-before or xsl-region-after.  I have tables that go on for many
pages without problems.

You can then use the xsl-region-before for table headers at the top of each
page.  If you start your tables with the break-before="page" attribute you
will start a new page for each table.  So you could have a 100 row table
that goes across 3 pages, a 2 row table on 1 page then a 50 row table on 2
pages if that's what your wanting.

John

                    fop-dev-return-10770-jthaemlitz=oreillyauto.com@XML.

                    APACHE.ORG
To:     "'[EMAIL PROTECTED]'"

<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
                    10/10/01 06:30 PM
cc:
                    Please respond to fop-dev
Subject:     Table Layout with Page Breaks

I'm using fop to generate tables that vary in length, so I need to be able
set attributes such that the table layout will accommodate page breaks.
I've tried using "keep-with-next" applied to fo:table-row and "height"
applied to fo:table (plus many others) to setup the table layout so that it
isn't truncated by a new page, but haven't had much success.  Does FOP
support this functionality?

Chris W.