"Nicola Ken Barozzi" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I've used Avalon framework in many projects, and IMHO it's not heavyweight.

Ok, scratch the heavyweight.

In order to clarify issues: I have to use FOP in an environment
which already provides logging, configuration management and life
cycle management. I don't want to look into another log file. I
don't want to write more config files. (There is also the fact
that said environment goes to great length to make augmenting
already provided functionality as complicated as possible). I have
already customized ErrorListeners, URIResolvers and such and i
want to reuse the functionality in the most straightforward way
possible. I don't want to write more customizations just for the
Apache logkit. In particular, i don't want to learn how to write
such customizations.

I don't want to prevent anyone from providing a FOP embedding
using logkit and avalon. I *want* however access to a core which
doesn't rely on yet another toolkit for common functionality and
fits as seemlessy as possible into a run time environment roughly
equivalent to the JDK 1.4 API (with emphasis on JAXP 1.1).

Regards
J.Pietschmann