Hi Tony,

Thanks for the advice. I have already started to look at the OpenType
standard, in particular the parts describing the various baselines.
Unfortunately I don't suppose I'll be attending the Unicode conference
but perhaps someone here will be and could listen to Steve's talk and
could report back to the group.

However, it seems clear that FOP will definitely need to enhance the
information it is managing about Fonts in order to provide the baseline
information needed to implement these aspects of the spec.

Regards,
Karen