On Mon, 2002-08-19 at 22:58, J.Pietschmann wrote:
> Keiron Liddle wrote:
> > - Add markers to page when areas added
> Is this really a good idea? Markers may be referenced
> long after they have been defined, tying them to the
> Page object would require keeping the pages in memory
> (see 0.20.5cvs: forward page references are *required*
> to force keeping pages in memory so that markers can
> be retrieved with document scope).

I thought the markers only apply to the current page but I haven't
really looked into it. If it does apply to pagesequence/document then it
should be on the page viewport like the id references, so that the page
can be removed leaving relevent information for use later.
There may be other places to keep the markers but the area tree might be
easier to keep track of.

> I thought about adding a running number for the page
> sequence and for the page within it's page sequence
> as well as the necessary information to make retrieving
> markers within a page work properly to the marker itself
> and store them in an Array list, with the current page
> perhaps storing the array index of the first marker of
> this page to speed up some retrieval modes.

Page numbers would be good.

I think that you only need at most four markers of a particular class
per page, so if it is a dictionary type case it doesn't need all the
markers in the middle of the page with the same class.