Hi Keiron etc,

I'm really happy to see all this movement going on and folks from the
"maintenance" branch getting into the redesign to help you out. I'm
hoping to be able to start contributing again too, perhaps not right
away, but hopefully in September. There may even be some possibility of
getting to work on FOP as part of my "real" work, though it might be
hard to work on the new layout in that context. I'll keep the group posted.

I'll start by looking at the latest and then maybe cogitating on list or
table layout, depending on the timing and what others are interested in
doing. It looks like status.xml is the sign-up sheet for the tasks; is
that right?

With regard to the line-height calculations, is anybody in the group
interested in getting into the gory details of the baseline stuff for
different scripts? I spent some time poring over the spec and trying to
get a handle on this, but maybe it's too much detail for now. On the
other hand, I'd really like to make sure that this version of FOP
handles that stuff correctly as well as being able to do the various
kinds of line-stacking strategies defined by the XSL-FO spec.

Regards,
Karen