Keiron Liddle wrote:

I still believe that it is useful to have the layout managers separate
from the fo tree. There are a number of reasons that come to mind. It is
possible to independantly change layout managers. Certain fo's aren't
directly in the same hierarchy: markers, undefined table columns, table
cells under table body. Then there are things like floats and footnotes
that can gain from this.
Keiron,

I'm inclining in this direction myself, because I am interested in isolating the layout/area tree functions as much as possible from the raw information stream of the FO tree. I tend to view the FO tree as a read-only data source for the layout. manaaged by the Fo objects.

Peter B. West [EMAIL PROTECTED] http://www.powerup.com.au/~pbwest/
"Lord, to whom shall we go?"