Victor Mote wrote:
Jeff Turner wrote:

On Tue, Dec 10, 2002 at 10:24:28AM -0700, Victor Mote wrote:

Jeff Turner wrote:

See http://forrestbot.cocoondev.org/site/xml-fop

Updated every hour with the latest Forrest and FOP source.
I am really not yet following what is going on here. I
understand the flow

of files into xml-site/targets/fop. I assume that the link
above is showing

an hourly update of those contents (the xml-site/targets/fop is
cvs, so it

is getting checked out on a server somewhere).
No, it is checking out xml-fop/src/documentation from CVS and building
that with the latest Forrest.  What you see there has no relation to
what's in xml-site/targets/fop

OK, I see now that I misunderstood your "Sorry, yes" answer to Keiron. If
http://forrestbot.cocoondev.org/site/xml-fop should be reflecting changes no
more than an hour old made to xml-fop/src/documentation, then it is not
working. I just looked for changes that were made about 24 hours ago, and
they are not there. Also, as I mentioned, it shows a publish date of 12-7.
So I suspect that something is not working. We have one document with a
non-standard DTD (my fault, in fact that is what I am trying to work on)
that might be messing up the flow. How do I go about troubleshooting this?

I think Sam Ruby has a script which automatically updates the live site
to the contents of xml-site/targets/*.

Should I contact him directly? Also, I still don't know whether
xml-site/targets/fop is my final destination. What is best practices for
this process? If this is documented somewhere, please excuse me -- I haven't
found it yet. Also, I realize that this conversation might be better on
forrest-dev. I asked on this list because I think Keiron has already figured
most of this out & I am trying to leverage off of that. Thanks very much for
your help.
Victor, Jeff,

Please keep this conversation here. I, too, am finding this process very confusing, but all of the committers need to be aware of the way the FOP web-site updates work, and we can't do that if the conversation disappears.

Peter B. West [EMAIL PROTECTED] http://www.powerup.com.au/~pbwest/
"Lord, to whom shall we go?"