Hi Victor,

If you're going to work on the RTFHandler I'd be happy to commit the relevant jfor sources (the RTF library I assume) to the FOP codebase with appropriate package name changes.

As Jeremias mentions, it might be better if I do it myself so that the legal stuff is clear.
I should be able to do it between today and tomorrow.

The idea of using jfor in binary form at first was to avoid having to maintain two RTF libraries - but if you're going for it, then the time might be right to actually move the code here.

.. Some of the source files contain non-ASCII characters (see
main/JForVersionInfo.java, line 67, for example), but are encoded as ASCII
(instead of UTF-8), so the IDE was choking...

Are .java files meant to be encoded in UTF-8? I didn't know that.

...dropping in the Apache license (looks like no problem),

no problem indeed

and some
style issues....

Do you mean code writing style like brace positions and stuff, or deeper code structure issues?

-Bertrand