I'm unsure if this is related to your question, but I
think it would be nice for us to switch to Docbook.
Apparently at least one Apache project, Tapestry, is
already using it with Forrest [1][2].

We switched at work from RoboHelp HTML to Docbook and
it has been great for us.

Glen

[1] http://wiki.docbook.org/topic/WhoUsesDocBook
[2] http://jakarta.apache.org/tapestry/doc.html