On Tue, Jan 11, 2005 at 09:25:50AM +0100, Jeremias Maerki wrote:

> On 10.01.2005 22:00:01 Simon Pepping wrote:
> > There does not seem to be a need to add
> > the inherited value later; the property maker already has done so. See
> > IndentPropertyMaker.compute(PropertyList). It uses
> > propertyList.getInherited(baseMaker.propId).getNumeric()) to get the
> > inherited value. Earlier FOP developers understood this part well.
>
> I understand, but I think you're talking exclusively about the property
> resolution phase (right?) while I found that I need the computed value
> of the margin property (not only the explicit one as is currently the
> case) and the inherited start-indent for the layout manager code and to
> set traits correctly.

PropertyList().get(Constants.PR_START_INDENT) gets the computed value,
that is, the value after property refinement. It is not the raw value
stated in the FO file; FOP does not store that at all. FOP tries to do
property refinement immediately. If that is not possible because the
computed value depends on a trait of an area, FOP stores an
expression, which can be computed at layout time.

I see no mention in section 5 of the spec that the trait value for
start-indent is different from the computed property value.

Regards, Simon

--
Simon Pepping
home page: http://www.leverkruid.nl