Manuel Mall schrieb:

[..]

>>No hurry, I just meant to prepare everything (still problems with
>>forrest) - and Manuel is already doing a lot of the work - the actual
>>release isn't that much work and can be done later ...
>
> Sorry, didn't intend to steal your work Christian.

Heh, I like it when others do my work ;-)

[..]

> BTW, I am aware the the files CHANGES and README in the top level of all
> distributions are outdated and need revising before a proper release.

The CHANGES file was used only in the maintenance branch, for the trunk
there was a status.xml which got nicely rendered into the website but
this has been deleted sometime ago and then (some) changes where
documented on the wiki.

IMHO there should be a changes document (as part of the distribution),
at least starting after the 1.0 release.

--
Christian