You missed several important points, however.

First, ODF and OOXML are not WYSIWYG formats. They cannot do what XSL-FO
says that they should. So any transformation from XSL-FO to ODF or OOXML is
fundamentally wrong. It violates the XSL-FO specification in various ways,
and there's no way to know what the output will actually be.

XSL-FO processors don't exist to generate "something". They must generate a
specific thing (within tolerances, of course). They must do exactly what
they are told, as defined by the XSL-FO specification. And if an output
format can't handle what the spec says to do, then it is the output format
that is wrong.

The second problem is that ODF and OOXML have semantic constructs that
XSL-FO cannot replicate. Dates, chapters, etc, all of that information has
been lost by the time the FO was generated. So the ODF or OOXML files
generated from a FO will be, not wrong, but entirely unsemantic. Your
DocBook document with its nice chapters and so forth will end up with just
text. Formatted text, as per the FO, but the concept of chapters, articles,
etc, have all been lost, and ODF/OOXML have the semantic structures to
contain some of these.

So, from the perspective of making a proper XSL-FO implementation, ODF/OOXML
formats are bad. And from the perspective of making a good ODF/OOXML file,
using FO as a source is bad.

The best you could hope to get out of this code path is something that looks
OK. And what's the point of bothering to generate complex XSL-FO documents
if all that descriptive power goes to waste? I mean, XSL-FO has all of this
expressive power, and the most you can think to do with it is throw it away
on an ODF file?