Andreas L Delmelle wrote:

On Nov 15, 2007, at 16:30, Chris Bowditch wrote:

Thanks for the diff. Unfortunately I have been unsuccessful in applying it after several attempts. First I tried using Tortoise SVN client, then I downloaded GNUWin32 Patch and that fails to apply all but hunk 7. I also asked a colleague working on Linux to try and apply the patch but it fails for him too (although one more hunk is successful)

I guess I could manually make the updates, but I would prefer to work out whats going wrong here to avoid similar problems in the future and to minimize the risk of error.

Updated diff in attach. No idea why the patching would fail on your end... maybe something to do with encoding?
Saved the file now explicitly with ISO-encoding, just to be sure.

Thanks Andreas the new patch applied straight away with no issues :)

Both the 'theoretical limit' issue and the 'too many threads' should be resolved.

Great :) Although whilst testing your latest patch the memory leak seems to be back :(

The test has been running for a few hours now and progressing very slowly with the JVM on the limit of the heap. Where as running the test with Jeremias' patch, the memory stays nice and lean well within the max heap and the documents are processed much faster.

No OOM Error yet, but I'm sure it can't be far away. I just wanted to update you before I go offline for the weekend.

<snip/>

Thanks,

Chris