On Nov 26, 2007, at 12:48, Chris Bowditch wrote:

Hi Chris

Andreas L Delmelle wrote:

Made yet another attempt to simplify/correct the design a bit (and hopefully fix the leak as well).

Thanks for taking the time to revisit this problem :)

Although I noticed that the diff appears to be against the previous revision of PropertyCache.java.

Sorry, hadn't updated for over a week... :/

<snip />

Let me know if it works on your end.

Bad news I'm afraid I didn't get very far at all with this change. It fails with NPE after about 8 documents!

Ouch! I wasn't using the right expression to map from the stale entry's hashCode to the corresponding bucket index.

Fixed in the diff in attach (which removes some more obsolete code as well, and adds one more layer of synchronization around the loop where the votes for rehash are counted)

Cheers