On Mon, Apr 05, 2010 at 04:34:45PM +0100, Helder Magalhães wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> Somehow related, in the guide to being a mentor, it's stated in the
> procedure that one should "Add an issue to JIRA (if your project
> doesn't use JIRA contact d...@community.apache.org)" [2]. Could anyone
> help understanding what is that exactly? I've crawled through the
> available JIRA projects and saw none related with XML Graphics (Batik,
> FOP, XML Graphics Commons)... (Also, if this is a lengthy process I'd
> hint towards maybe triggering the process now so next year we won't
> have this extra overhead.)

JIRA is the ASF's bug tracking system, used by many projects instead
of Bugzilla which we use. You can find it at
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA. See also the Development
Infrastructure page http://www.apache.org/dev/, the section on issue
tracking, http://www.apache.org/dev/#issues.

Community Development Committee (see
http://community.apache.org/index.html), who lead the ASF's GSoC
efforts. See the archives at
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/community-dev/. Registering
your project ideas should not take a long time.

Regards, Simon

--
Simon Pepping
home page: http://www.leverkruid.eu