Hi Simon,

I've contacted my management and asked what our teams can do to help test.  I
report to our development not to our quality departments, and I can't speak for
our quality departments.  I've contacted our international teams about what
they can do to help test.

The bottom-line to our testing is that when a new FOP is released, we test our
software on the new FOP, and testing is done with every application that uses
FOP.  With an international FOP, international applications would be tested.
That much is guaranteed by our normal testing process.  It is a tribute to the
quality of FOP that we have never had to report a FOP issue, even though our
reports can be quite complicated.  But I take it you would like us to get
involved with the testing effort before a new FOP is released.  When you are
discussing our involvement, are you discussing our testing the FOP that results
from the merger onto the trunk, once that is accomplished?   I understand you
are ironing out the details of what that merger would look like.

You said bug reports should go to fop-users, but isn't it the case that .fo
attachments won't be accepted by fop-users?  Don't bug reports have to be
created through Bugzilla?  We can discuss what we see in terms of bugs on
fop-users, but if we can't provide .fo files, won't our discussion be less
helpful?

Best Regards,
Jonathan Levinson
Senior Software Developer