Ok, I get it. Looking into the PDF using a text editor I can see that
your JPEG image is right there in the PDF. The problem probably is that
it's a special JPEG subformat (JFIF, Exif) that's currently not
supported by FOP.

By the way, I didn't get "no pictures", I got "Insufficient data for an
image" as an error message from Adobe Acrobat Reader. That was the clue
I needed to look at the PDF.

You've got three alternatives:
1. Convert the JPEG to a "normal" JPEG or another format such as PNG or
TIFF.
2. Disable the use of our JPEG implementation in the Java code and leave
the handling of the JPEG to JIMI or JAI. That means some hacking and not
a two minute job, I guess.
3. Add support for your particular JPEG format to our JPEG
implementation.

"build clean" cleans the build directory so the subsequent "build" does
a full rebuild to avoid certain side-effect that may occur.

On 17.02.2003 12:46:32 Jiri_Nejedly wrote:

> I don't know what's the difference between "build clean" and "build" so I
> called the build.bat batch in FOP directory. It works the same way - no
> pictures.
> Here's the log from runing fop.bat ( "fop test.fo test.pdf -d")
>
> (See attached file: out.txt)
>
> I'm logging also when running embedded FOP:
>
> (See attached file: log.txt)
>
> I don't know why, but this line goes instead to log file, directly to my
> JDeveloper server console (5 times ):
>
> [INFO] Using oracle.xml.parser.v2.SAXParser as SAX2 Parser
>
> The version of my Acrobat reader is  5.0.1, OS : Windows 2000, JDeveloper v
> 9.0.3
>
> If it helps, here's resulting PDF (data reduced, so only one picture is
> expected)
>
> (See attached file: 4648827014.pdf)

Jeremias Maerki