Hello,

I am not running FOP on a Windows server, so maybe my experience will be
useless for you...

But I had the same problem while givin the full unix path of my images
into a servlet, and I remembered that the parameter is a URI, not a URL,
so I just putted the "file:" prefix in my external graphic src parameter.

Here's my image implementation (as outputted by a servlet on a server
running fop 0.20.4) :

<fo:external-graphic>
  <xsl:attribute name="src">file:<xsl:value-of select="IMAGE"
/></xsl:attribute>
</fo:external-graphic>

As you can see, I just wrote the "file:" prefix, then I putted the path as
selected in the XML file, here's an example of the fo output :

<fo:external-graphic>
  <xsl:attribute
name="src">file:/var/tomcat/webapps/artepro/site/fr_fichiers/vignettes/01579878v1.jpg</xsl:attribute>
</fo:external-graphic>

It works fine like that here ! I hope it can help !

PS : I am trying to configure my [EMAIL PROTECTED] mail client (Lotus Notes) to
send
my mails here as brut text, can someone confirm me that I am not sending
them into HTML anymore (private reply) ?
The Lotus Notes support can't tell me how to configure that...

Simon OUALID
Arte FRANCE
Developper

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
17/02/2003 15:04
Veuillez répondre à fop-user

        Pour :  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
        cc :
        Objet : Re: No pictures in PDF

I'm not really sure that the jpg file format is what is wrong. Several
arguments :
- Both in current (0.20.5) and recent version (0.20.3), I have one special
picture with question mark, which I use in case, when there's picture
missing in database. In FOP 0.20.3 was all ok, and this picture hasn't
changed since.
(See attached file: pictx.jpg)
- there's a few files that are GIFs , not JPGs - also invisible !
- why then calling fop from batch is OK ?

I set up a very simple fo file using above picture:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<fo:root xmlns:fo="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Format";>
  <fo:layout-master-set>
    <fo:simple-page-master page-height="29.7cm" page-width="21cm"
margin-top="1cm" margin-bottom="2cm" margin-left="2.5cm" margin-right="
2.5cm" master-name="first">
      <fo:region-body margin-top="1cm" margin-bottom="1cm"/>
      <fo:region-before extent="1cm"/>
      <fo:region-after extent="1cm"/>
    </fo:simple-page-master>
  </fo:layout-master-set>
  <fo:page-sequence master-reference="first">
  <fo:flow flow-name="xsl-region-body">
  <fo:block>
  <fo:external-graphic width="2cm" height="2.5cm" src="c:\pictx.jpg"/>
  </fo:block>
  </fo:flow>
  </fo:page-sequence>
</fo:root>

Here's output from fop.bat (ok)
(See attached file: FromBatch.pdf)
Here's output from embedding (blind)
(See attached file: FromEmbed.pdf)
I compared these two files and found several differences. I think some
bytes in area where the picture is stored are changed - for example:
023E    81 -> F3
0283    83  -> F3
0288    88  -> F3
On the first sight, all bytes that are changed, are changed (overwritten)
to 'F3'.
Something is wrong with PDF, but not with the source JPG ...

                                  Jiri Nejedly