Claudio,

Claudio De Bernardi wrote:
my aim is to have the most simple editor to create a PDF file based on an HTML textarea, obviuosly users should be free to use the poor ways provided by textareas to format a text which I think are only tabs (if the user use copy and paste), white spaces and line breaks
Now I think I will try with different solutions

As I recall, a textarea on a web page will not allow the input of a [tab]. In most web browers, pressing the [tab] key will move out of the textarea and on to the next field or form element. I guess one could "paste" a tab in (I'm not sure).

But in any case, it sounds like either pre-processing the form contents with a custom SAX parser or just using Javascript or server-side scripting to create some sort of XSL-FO table might be the way to go.

Good luck!
--
Clay Leeds - [EMAIL PROTECTED]