On Thursday, July 24, 2003, at 11:28 AM, Victor Mote wrote:
I'm going to ask you to answer your own question before I make a change. If
you think it is unclear on the site now, or can be improved, then that makes
two who think so, which in my mind is a quorum. (I will often makes changes
based upon the suggestion of only one, but it is because I agree with them,
so that really is two). If so, please draft up a concise alternative and
submit it. My criterion for committing the change will be whether it makes
the page more or less understandable.

I would agree. I'll take a bit of time to see if I can come up with something that makes sense, and if so, I'll send it in. If it makes more sense, I'll either submit a patch, or you can update it...

As for the frequent "." perhaps a hyphen "-" would make more sense as a
placeholder. In many tables I've seen, the "-" is used as a
placeholder...

Rather than canvass the world to find out which of ".", "-", "*", "^", "#",
"@", "+", etc. if preferred, or building separate versions so that each can
view their preferred character, I went ahead & found the workflow problem,
so that those table cells will be blank instead. That is probably also
disagreeable to someone somewhere, but I don't care. It will be a few days
before that shows up on the live site.

Sounds good! Have a great day! --- Clay Leeds - [EMAIL PROTECTED] Web Developer - Medata, Inc. - http://www.medata.com PGP Public Key: https://mail.medata.com/pgp/cleeds.asc