Greetings,

I have a XML file containing data to be formatted as table rows. The number
of rows will exceed 10000. As the FOP processes the data the "Exception in
thread "main" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError" occurs.

As I've seen in the discussion forums, one possibility is to increase the
memory that the java environment will use (the -Xmxxxx switch). I have set
it to -Xmx512m. The transformation then succeeds. So whats the problem?

Well, I am not very happy with the possibilty that the XML data file
contains say 20000 "rows". What then? Increase the memory limit again?

I would like a more robust solution. Has anyone splitted a table? Or is it
better to try some inline formatting or even white-space handling, possibly
using some printf extention from PerlScript.

I have created a test XSL and a perl script that creates the XML input. To
create the input, invoke table.pl 20000 (or some other number of
iterations). You might has to change the first line of table.pl
#!/usr/local/bin/perl
to something else if your Perl is installed somewhere else.

Thanks in advance.

Anders Malmborg
(See attached file: table.pl)(See attached file: table.xsl)