On 13.12.2004 20:56:44 kumar Bandaru wrote:
> Thanks for your reply.I tried searching in sourceforge for barcode generators
> which
> supports EAN8 smbology , i couldn't find it.

Uhm, you didn't really look hard enough. Searching for "barcode ean8" in
SourceForge's project search delivers Barbecue in 7th position, my
Barcode4J in 10th position and even a few other Java implementations
further down. I recommend Barcode4J (who guessed?) because it integrates
nicely with FOP. There you can specify the bar widths just the way you
want.

http://barcode4j.krysalis.org/

> Actually we have one more application which generates barcodes using crystal
> reports
> which uses WASPUPCMC barcode font , i think this font also belongs to EAN8
> symbology.
> When we generate the barcode using this font in crystal reports , Even at
> font size 42
> the height of the barcode fits in the Label(Where i intend to print the
> barcode).
>
> I managed to get the TTF file and created the font metrics using
> TTFReader , but this is not working as it works in crystal reports.
>
> Currently In my application we are using UPCEAN8 font given by IDAutomation
>

> We use the parity logic given by IDAutomation to transform the given
> number and render the font in PDF file using fo:block
>
> Basically i want to display half height fonts as i have limited space.
>
> Any ideas How to achieve the same using FOP.

Either use Barcode4J or paint the barcode using SVG where you can
squeeze the font all you want.

Jeremias Maerki