Since both the text preceding the nested block and the text following the
nested block are within the indented block, the text after the nested
block gets indented. You'd need to move the text after the nested block to
its own block to not have it be indented.

<fo:block text-indent="5">
      This is just for testing purpose and this line will be indented.
    <fo:block>this is the nested block </fo:block>
</fo:block>
<fo:block>
     The text following the nested block is indented as well...not sure if
this is as per spec. since it does not happen in other renderers.
</fo:block>

If other rendering engines are NOT indenting the text after the nested
block, then they are not honoring the spec. The attributes of a block
should be applied to ALL the things within the block (unless specifically
overridden by a child element's attributes).

HTH

Jay Bryant
Bryant Communication Services

"Puppala, Kumar (LNG-DAY)" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
03/16/2005 12:31 PM
Please respond to
fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org

"'fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org'" <fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org>
cc

Subject
text-indent issue

If I have text-indent specified on an fo:block and if I have a nested
block within this, the text following this nested block is indented as
well. For example:

<fo:block text-indent="5">
      This is just for testing purpose and this line will be indented.
    <fo:block>this is the nested block </fo:block>
     The text following the nested block is indented as well...not sure if
this is as per spec. since it does not happen in other renderers.
</fo:block>

In the above example, the text following the second block should not be
indented since text-indent applies only to the first line of that block
and not to any subsequent text in that block. Is there a way to get around
this issue by specifying some property on the first block? I appreciate
your help.

Thanks,
Kumar Puppala