Hi J

You should really read the "Upgrading" document. It's all there:
http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/0.90/upgrading.html

Both problems are easily solvable:

1. A content-width="scale-to-fit" will do what you want. It was 0.20.5
that was wrong here. BTW, adding the "scale-to-fit" will make the whole
thing look the same in 0.20.5 and 0.90, because 0.20.5 simply ignores
content-width.

2. The XSL 1.1 bookmarks are implemented and produce PDF bookmarks.

What I don't understand is what you mean by "tinkering with transforms".
Would you please explain?