I assume the problem comes from FOP's embedding only a subset of the
TrueType font in the PDF. In that case we cannot use the original font
name because we don't embed the full font. If you have to be able to
edit the PDF you'd need to embed the full font in which case we could
use the original name. FOP currently doesn't support that, though.