Manuel Mall <manuel <at> apache.org> writes:

> > That is possible, I guess. Hmm, XPP3 is in there, and whatever
> > ServiceMix use for it's XML parsing (might actually be Xerces, as I
> > didn't put it there).
> >
> > Also, when searching the net for that particular error message, I got
> > some hits related to invalid documents,
> > http://www.mail-archive.com/fop-dev%40xmlgraphics.apache.org/msg05025
> >.html, also reasonable recent. Can it be related to validation levels?
> >
> > I'm still very curious about the first issue I had, btw.
> >

> If I followed this correctly your first issue was the error message:
>
> WARN  - FOTreeBuilder                  - Mismatch:
> instream-foreign-object
> (http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Format) vs. svg (http://www.w3.org/2000/svg)
>
> You then removed the xslt translation and concentrated only on the .fo.
> In the end you posted an .fo which works for me but not for you, that
> is it is still throwing a similar error.
>
> My 'gut' feel is that its one and the same problem. Your XML parser gets
> confused with the namespaces. If you get the simple .fo working in your
> environment then the rest will likely work as well.

I was of the impression (could be wrong of course), that this message
(following the Mismatch warnings) was more relevant/important.

(Location of error unknown)org.apache.fop.apps.FOPException: Error(Unknown
location): No element mapping definition found for svg:svg

As far as I can tell from the exception stack traces, Xerces is used, btw.

Is a binary snapshot of trunk available?

Regards,
Lars Ivar Igesund