That's weird. I don't think that's the reason. Actually, you should get
the following error when specifying a border on region-body:

org.apache.fop.fo.expr.PropertyException: Border and padding for region
"xsl-region-body" must be '0' (See 6.4.13 in XSL 1.0).

Do you get the error when working on the command-line or also within an
application container?