Jeremias Maerki-2 wrote:

> Ok, in this case I'd modify the application so you can write out the
> generated FO within your application. Maybe there's something special
> about that environment.

I modified the application to do this and then I ran the fo file that was
created through one of the FOP examples provided on your webpage
(ExampleFO2PDF.java) and it successfully converted it from FO to PDF.

Jeremias Maerki-2 wrote:

> I'm sure you did it right, but are you certain that you properly
> override the default XSLT implementation with Xalan 2.7.0 using the
> endorsed standards override mechanism?

No I'm not sure I didn't write the code originally I'm very new to using
FOP.  Here is the code that does the transformation it looks like some of it
came from your examples page:

protected byte[] transform() {
                byte[] result = null;
                _errorCondition = false;
                try {

                        // Setup output
                        BufferedOutputStream bout = new
BufferedOutputStream(out);

                        try {
                                // Construct fop with desired output format
                                Fop fop =
this.fopFactory().newFop(MimeConstants.MIME_PDF, bout);

                                // Setup XSLT
                                Transformer transformer =
this.xsltTransformer();

                                // Set the value of a <param> in the stylesheet
                                transformer.setParameter("versionParam", "2.0");
                                transformer.setErrorListener(this);
                                if (logger.isDebugEnabled()) {
                                        StringBuffer aLog = new StringBuffer();
                                        aLog.append("transformer
properties:\n");
                                        Properties properties =
transformer.getOutputProperties();
                                        for (Iterator iterator =
properties.keySet().iterator();
iterator.hasNext();) {
                                                String key = (String)
iterator.next();
                                                aLog.append("\t property:" +
key + " value:" + properties.get(key));
                                        }
                                        logger.debug(aLog.toString());
                                }

                                // Setup input for XSLT transformation
                                Source src = this.xsltInput();

                                // Resulting SAX events (the generated FO) must
be piped through
                                // to FOP
                                Result res = new
SAXResult(fop.getDefaultHandler());

                                // Start XSLT transformation and FOP processing
                                transformer.transform(src, res);

                                // Result processing
                                FormattingResults foResults = fop.getResults();

                                if (logger.isDebugEnabled()) {
                                        logger.debug("foResults " + foResults);
                                }
                                bout.flush();
                                result = out.toByteArray();

                        } finally {
                                out.close();
                        }
                } catch (Exception exception) {
                        if (logger.isEnabledFor(org.apache.log4j.Level.ERROR)) {
                                logger.error("Exception ", exception);
                        }
                        result = new byte[] {};
                }