>> Should be simple enough for someone who wants to get his feet wet...

<snip>

> FWIW: already did this locally (incl. normalization of sequences of
> more than one space).
> It all boils down to an added 35-40 lines of code...
>
> As soon as I'm 100% sure that the testcases that now fail, are
> failing as a result of the previous patch being applied, I'll commit
> the changes to the Trunk.

You almost had me convinced to take a stab at this one!

Yeah, I'm not sure why anyone would want multiple spaces between words as
previously quoted. I can't see how that would be desirable. In my case, I'm
using Altova StyleVision to generate XSL-FO files, and obviously that
product writes font families as they are declared locally, i.e., with single
spaces between words.

Jeff