Hi,

I also configured FOP to embed MS Arial Unicode font. But I use Fop
0.93. The structure of the userconfig file changed between FOP 0.20.5
and FOP 0.93.

However, for FOP 0.93 the attribute "kerning" controls the embedding
of used glyphs and the entire font. I can't say where to read about, I
only tested for myself.
This entry:
metrics-url="I:\workspace\UserManual_SC-Commander\lib\fonts\arialuni.xml"
         kerning="no"

embed-url="I:\workspace\UserManual_SC-Commander\lib\fonts\ARIALUNI.TTF">
weight="normal"/>
produced a PDF file in similar size to file without embedding fonts.

But:
metrics-url="I:\workspace\UserManual_SC-Commander\lib\fonts\arialuni.xml"
         kerning="yes"

embed-url="I:\workspace\UserManual_SC-Commander\lib\fonts\ARIALUNI.TTF">
weight="normal"/>
gives also a ~23MB PDF file.

OK, this for FOP 0.93, but perhaps there is a attribute for the
userconfig for FOP 0.20.5.

Stefan