From: "Pascal Sancho" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: April 10, 2007 3:25:58 AM CDT
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: RE: IndexOutOfBoundsException Help

Hi,

Your exception seems to occur during the XSLT transformation, before FOP
does it job.

You should have a look on your XSLT engine.

Err.. No, this happens specifically after fop is called to process the .fo file. It runs in a separate process from the DocBook->FO transform. If you look at the error, you will see the package "org.apache.fop". As I said, the .fo input file validates. I will see if I can get another fo processor to take the file for comparison, but even if there *is* something wrong with the input, a random crash is hardly the expected result.

Again, I would love to trim it to a small, reproducible error to help track this down, but so far I have spent hours and gotten nowhere. What can I do to diagnose this (get a useful stack trace, tie it to specific input, etc.)? I am currently running fop from an ant (1.7.0) task (as per the docs), but it runs in its own VM. Are there any properties I can send to make it dump diagnostics?

Pascal

      [fop] Apr 9, 2007 5:11:09 PM
org.apache.fop.cli.InputHandler error
      [fop] SEVERE: javax.xml.transform.TransformerException:
Index: 14, Size: 12

javax.xml.transform.TransformerException:

Sincerely,

Eric Vought

"Vengence is violence returned with interest compounded on sorrow."