On Jul 16, 2007, at 15:33, Kamal wrote:

Hi Kamal

I guess float support is also out of the question, but that is top of my wish lists.

Unfortunately, yes. If I judge the status of the Temp_Floats code- branch correctly, it is not yet ready to be merged back into the trunk anytime soon... That said, the branch is there. The only thing lacking is heads and hands to work on it.

Working with tables and XSLT is painful. I don't know if it is a big or small change, but as I pointed out in previous posts, I think having no integer support for keep-together, keep-with-next, keep-with-previous is a major flaw as it makes it next to useless to me[1].

This would be a rather big project, IIC. Not necessarily difficult, but a lot of work. AFAICT, there have been no parties yet that have started to gather ideas. We'll see if we can at least start a Wiki about this, where you could follow the status and comment in on possible implementations.

Also, it would be nice to see the table continuation labels extension return to FOP.

I noticed indeed this recently popped up as a reason for some to still prefer using 0.20.5 over 0.93. This will have to addressed sooner rather than later.

On the topic of extensions, I found the way borders work at the region level counter intuitive when combined with columns (ie, if you specify a border, it puts it around each column, not the region). It would be nice to have as an extension to FOP that made this work sensibly, eg, a set of region border attributes. Hope that makes sense.

It does. On the other hand, I'm just now wondering whether your problem here cannot be solved by using fo:block-containers to hold the borders... Have you tried this?

Auto detection and auto registration of custom fonts sounds good. Can we have more info?

Well, it's not perfect, yet, but the basic idea is that users should not need to worry about registering custom fonts. If the Arial TrueType font is present on the system where FOP runs, then the user should now be able to use that font in his FO documents without taking any additional steps (like generating metrics and registering triplets in the configuration file).

Cheers

Andreas