On Nov 1, 2007, at 10:29, Khaled Aly wrote:

Hi Khaled

- I have my Java_Home environment variable pointing to the root of
jdk1.5.0_09, the version I got installed. I see the FOP downloads labeled jdk1.3 and jdk1.4. I assume my JDK version should be backward compatible and
this could not be the problem. Any doubt?

This should indeed not be an issue. I run/test FOP on Java 1.5 and 1.6 all the time, and haven't seen any weirdness so far.

- The same fo file that I mentioned works fine on oXygen (I'm trying to find out what fop version it runs); this same file produces good output when I run fop-0.20.4 - But, all tables are removed and their areas replaced by equal-dimensioned space. Does this mean anything, or is there a known fix
for this issue for fop 0.2?

We still haven't seen the whole FO-file, but note that there are some serious differences between FOP 0.20.x and 0.9x. FOs that worked under 0.20.x may need some work before you can use them with 0.9x.
See also: http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/0.94/upgrading.html

Can you show us the FO?

Thanks

Andreas