Hi Akagi,

Akagi Kobayashi wrote:
> We are using FOP 0.93 and find that when a cell in a table straddles across
> two pages, the text (especially if it is a long one)  does not appear on the
> first page.
> Illustration below - thanks to Sylvain Ferlac - the cell on the left is the
> offending one. How can this be fixed?

<snip/>

I’m afraid it can’t. FOP assigns a particularly high penalty to such
a break, so that other more esthetic breaks are privileged. But you are
in one of the rare cases where it can’t be avoided.

That said, you can post a small sample FO file showing the problem, and
we may be able to suggest you some workarounds.

>From a developer point of vue, this could even be questionable whether
such a behaviour is compatible with the Recommendation. If
relative-align is specified it isn’t, for sure. Otherwise, well, this is
so ugly that I’m not sure we should even consider such a break.

Thoughts?
Vincent