Hi Vincent,

Further to your e-mail in response (thank you) to my sending the table.xsl
(see bottom of e-mail):

1. At what level do I run the fop command?  I'veI tried at various levels
but the fop command is not recognized.
At what intermediate level will the FO file be generated and saved?

2. I altered the document xsl reference for keep-together.table-column to
table-row and it stopped page breaks in tables, ie, a long table trailing
down past the end of page.

Best Regards
Akagi

No, this file is the XSLT stylesheet. The (XSL-)FO file is what’s
produced
by this XSLT stylesheet when run by an XSLT processor. It contains elements
from the "http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Format"; namespace (<fo:block>, etc.).

Your question indicates that you are directly getting the PDF file from your
tool chain. Try and find out how to obtain the intermediate FO file. You can
also obtain it with FOP by running it on the command-line:
    fop -xml doc.xml -xsl table.xsl -foout doc.fo

Having the FO file is the only way we can help you. Please send it as an
attachment to the fop-users list if it’s of reasonable size and
doesn’t
contain sensitive content. We will answer on that list so that every user
can benefit from the experience.

HTH,
Vincent

・瘢雹ソ
Akagi Kobayashi, Interpreter/Translator/Technical Writer

Valista