On Jan 14, 2008, at 05:48, Travis Staloch wrote:

Hi

I'm trying to use fop along with xsltproc to create a pdf from docbook xml. xsltproc successfully creates an fo document with the command: xsltproc /usr/share/sgml/docbook/xsl-stylesheets-1.73.2-2.fc8/fo/ docbook.xsl my.book > sf.fo

However, when I run the fop command:
fop sf.fo -pdf sf.pdf
I get the error:
SEVERE: Exception
javax.xml.transform.TransformerException: org.apache.fop.fo.ValidationException: file:///home/trav/open/ SportsFeed/doc/help/docbook/sf.fo:1:56740: Error(1/56740): fo:page- sequence is not a valid child element of fo:flow. at org.apache.fop.cli.InputHandler.transformTo (InputHandler.java:168) at org.apache.fop.cli.InputHandler.renderTo (InputHandler.java:115)
        at org.apache.fop.cli.Main.startFOP(Main.java:166)
        at org.apache.fop.cli.Main.main(Main.java:197)

Can anyone provide any guidance on what might be going wrong?
I have fop 0.94 with java version "1.4.2_16". I've attached the fo document. When I looked at the fo document, I couldn't find any fo:page- sequence elements which were children of fo:flow. So I'm not really sure what the problem is.

What it says: you do have a fo:page-sequence that is a child of an fo:flow.

I checked this via XPath, and you have 4 page-sequences. 3 of which are correct -> children of the fo:root, and 1 that ended up in the wrong place.

No idea if it will help you much in tracking it down, but if I apply indenting to make your FO a bit more human-readable, the offending fo:page-sequence starts on line 1066.

Cheers

Andreas