It's possible to generate output for the printer with FOP, but it sounds like you really have PDF and just want to get that to the printer. Right?

Look at CUPS - a quick google on cups+print+pdf will get you nearly all you need.

In general, getting something to print is 90% a sysadmin issue involving obscure interactions between the host OS and the printer, so you won't find any complete recipe; you'll have to experiment.

Steve