Jean-François El Fouly a écrit :

So I hired the team member who's competent in profiler usage next week but I must say at the moment I'm still stuck :-(

The sysadmins made a tarball from the staging server and copied everything to a similar server that has full profiling instrumentation (with JProfiler). And obviously there the application works and memory usage is quite normal. Completely different behaviour. Very, very strange. I'll try to understand what's happening (well, I badly need to) but it's probably not going to be easy :-(