On 21 Aug 2009, at 11:32, Vincent Hennebert wrote:

Hi Vincent

Sorry, I thought you didn’t see that part. Well it’s pretty clear to me
then. Just generate empty areas with a border-end.

That indeed seems the most straightforward way to get it implemented with as little effort as possible.

The area-handling code that already exists will take care of the rest. Why would we want
to write specific code?

Don't know precisely. I don't even know whether it is possible in the current setup to paint a border only on a small part of an area... Could be interesting for reasons of efficiency, maybe (long shot?)

As another example: for text/character data, the Rec literally states that each individual character is a fo:character in the FO Tree. If we would have implemented it like that, FOP would be even more of a memory-hog than it already is. Strictly speaking, our handling of FOText can be considered such 'specific code'.

Ultimately, the actual implementation is of no concern, as long as the result is what it should be.

Regards,

Andreas Delmelle
mailto:andreas.delmelle.AT.telenet.be
jabber: mandr...@jabber.org