Von: Andreas Delmelle <andreas.delme...@telenet.be>
An: fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org
Gesendet: Dienstag, den 18. Januar 2011, 18:14:38 Uhr
Betreff: Re: AW: [FOP 1.0] Worse performance than with 0.20.5 !?

On 18 Jan 2011, at 12:07, Matthias Müller wrote:

Hi Mathias

> indeed, in the document I only have one page-sequence over 500+ pages.
> There are approx. 10 tables that stretch about 1 - 150 pages each.
> There are also nested tables.
> There are 3 images (< 30kb) on each page's footer.
> Your idea is to rewrite the stylesheets that each table is enclosed by a
> separate page-sequence. Am I right?

That would be the most important change, indeed, but that would only be
possible
if there is no requirement to keep them together (i.e. to create pages
containing the last rows of one table plus some rows of the next).

If it is OK to have each table start on a new page, splitting into multiple
page-sequences is definitely the first thing that I would try.

Your images, I think, do not contribute to the memory usage. I assume they are
fo:external-graphics, so they would be cached by URI, and there should normally
be only one instance for each distinct image in the document.

Regards

Andreas
---