Yea +1 from me too. I think the biggest problem was that merging them has
no direct link to the issue or PRs that resolved a RFC, this meant the
author or someone had to remember to go back, ping someone to merge which
often didn't happen. Whereas with a mailing list its okay to leave a thread
untouched that doesn't necessarily require any "closing" step.

Without wanting to hijack this thread... I think this is actually one of
the areas Discourse can benefit us, generally as a community I think were
not very good at making a decision after a discussion. I think some of the
features it seems to provide (voting system) could help with that.